US Customs Filing via ACE Software & ABI Software
Companies can make use of software for ACE filings to CBP via ABI to accomplish a wide range of tasks, including:
- Filing entry release data electronically for cargo release processing, consolidated entry summaries, consumption entries, bonded TIB entries, FTZ entries and warehouse withdrawals for consumption, selected bypass entry summaries, and drawback claims
- Receiving results of ACE edits and validations during development and testing of entry summary transactions, paperless designations for general exam entry transactions, conditional cargo release results, or priority handling through exam/release processing
- Transmitting US Customs Declarations
- Changing or updating entry dates and selected shipping details
- Utilizing the Single Window with CBP to electronically file Partner Government Agency (PGA) data instead of the former paper processes. CBP manages the border enforcement for over 40 PGA entities.
The versatility of ABI means it offers several key benefits to users:
- By enhancing the speed and efficiency of the customs process, it facilitates the release of the merchandise in question
- Regular administrative messages keep users informed of all current information and issues as and when they arise
- Filers can pay for multiple entries with a single payment transaction through statement processing, while it is also possible to pay customs duties, fees and taxes electronically through the Automated Clearinghouse system
Taking advantage of software for ACE filings with ABI capabilities
Given the numerous benefits the ABI system can provide; it can be extremely helpful for companies that regularly do business overseas to invest in customs software that is fully compatible with ABI standards in the new ACE environment.
CBP maintains a list of software vendors who have been officially certified to submit transactions to ACE via ABI. MIC is one of these officially accredited vendors of software for ACE filings, thanks to its US customs filings solution.
With this web-based system, IORs or their brokers can automate the processes for multiple facilities from a single hosted or licensed instance, allowing companies to establish a standardized, organized and defined workflow process that is fully compliant with existing regulations, while also helping them to prepare for future changes.
The MIC tool provides solutions not only for AES for exports and ABI for imports, but also for import/export compliance automation, 10+2 filing resp. Importer Security Filing (ISF) rules, classification management and foreign trade zone (FTZ) operations and duty drawback. Additionally, it provides free trade agreement management and solicitation tools for programs such as NAFTA, CAFTA, US-Chile, US-Australia, US-Peru, KORUS, AALA and the Buy America Act.
By investing in such a solution, companies can make sure their regulatory requirements are fulfilled, guaranteeing the highest levels of efficiency, compliance and transparency in their international business dealings.
Among MIC's customer references for the US are General Motors, Infineon, Daimler Trucks NA, Procter & Gamble, Volvo Cars Corporation, ZF Friedrichshafen, ...
MIC-CUST® USA Customs Management - Product information sheet
Get an full overview of MIC's US customs management software solution and download the product information sheet HERE!