Excise Tax (Excise Movement and Control System)
The transport of goods subject to excise tax (alcohol, tobacco and energy products) under tax suspension involves strict obligations in the EU. All businesses dealing with such goods are required to handle these obligations electronically, which is often a great challenge.
To help with this process, we offer MIC EMCS (Excise Movement and Control System) as the optimal software solution – EU-wide and via one single platform. MIC EMCS also allows for electronic data transfer with systems of the individual EU member states, as well as monitoring the transport of goods subject to excise tax within the Community. An electronic notification will immediately be sent as soon as the goods have arrived at their destination. MIC EMCS avoids a number of error sources and reduces additional effort.
- For transmission and receipt of the electronic administrative document (e-AD)
- For monitoring and control of goods liable to excise tax using real-time data
- To safeguard the transport of goods by checking the retailer’s data prior to dispatch of the goods
- For fast and secure proof that the goods have arrived at their destination
- For the receipt of the administrative reference code (ARC)
- Acceleration of transit declaration through integration with existing systems
- Fully automatic exchange of messages with the different country-specific administration systems provides advantages for time critical transactions
- Saves time and money