Customs Clearance Software Solution for the Netherlands - AGS Import & AGS Export as well as GPA Import / DMS-Systeem
From AGS/G(S)PA to the Customs Declarations Management Systeem DMS
As each customs authority system of the various countries worldwide has special requirements referring to customs filing (e.g. country-specific electronic filing formats), MIC aims to provide standardized customs compliance software solutions together with the country-specific customs filing requirements for the country of customs declaration.
And that’s exactly what MIC does – offering MIC-CUST® for the Netherlands with standardized customs management processes together with the country-specific customs filing components.
Take advantage of MIC's software solutions for the Netherlands, as they not only demand high cost and time savings, but also enable being up-to-date with the Dutch customs requirements.
Furthermore, companies need to be aware about the announced replacement of AGS and G(S)PA. The Dutch customs authority plans to replace both systems through the new customs system DMS (Douaneaangiften Management Systeem) between the end of 2022 and June 2023.
MIC’s customs clearance solutions for the Dutch Import
The MIC-CUST® Import NL module supports electronic filing of customs declarations with following import clearance processes:
- NCTS arrival (Electronic Transit System - ETS)
- GPA reporting (see GPA reporting)
- AGS3 Import - Aangifte System increment 3: normal procedures
GPA reporting is a monthly summary declaration of a particular customs procedure. The MIC-CUST® Import NL GPA module supports GPA reporting for the following procedures (EIDR - Entry Into Declarant’s Records):
- Release into free circulation (FC)
- Bonded warehouse (BWH)
- Inward processing relief (IPR) and/or processing under customs control (PCC)
Additionally, it supports written declaration in Dutch and corrections of single free circulation imports of former periods in a summary correction file.
The MIC-CUST® Import NL AGS3 module supports the normal procedures:
- Free Circulation (FC) and following customs procedures with economic impact
- Bonded warehouse (BWH)
- Inward processing relief (IPR)
The MIC-CUST® Import NL module also provides paper based fallback procedures for all supported normal procedures.
MIC’s customs clearance solutions for the Dutch Export
The MIC-CUST® Export NL module supports electronic filing of customs declarations with following export clearance processes:
- NCTS departure (Electronic Transit System – ETS)
- AGS3 Export - Aangifte System increment 3: normal procedures
The MIC-CUST® Export NL AGS3 module supports the normal procedures:
- Regular export
- Re-Export after Bonded warehouse (BWH)
- Re-Export after Inward processing relief (IPR)
The MIC-CUST® Export NL module also provides paper based fallback procedures for all supported normal procedures.
Replacement of AGS/G(S)PA by the new Customs Declarations Management Systeem DMS in 2022 and 2023
The Dutch customs authority is ongoing to replace their IT systems AGS and G(S)PA by the new Customs Declarations Management Systeem (DMS) system until 2023. The presented time frame looks like the following:
- The new system DMS 4.0 will fully replace AGS (migration between September 2022 and June 2023)
- G(S)PA will be covered by DMS 4.1 and the inspections component by the stock audit file (migration between end of 2022 and end of June 2023)
MIC is working on the developments and will guide you through the transition to DMS-Systeem by providing the perfect software solution for the Netherlands. MIC will deliver the necessary changes in accordance with the authority’s timeline.
Find more information about the shift from AGS/G(S)PA to DMS on the Dutch Customs Administration’s website:
- Customs administration's system name: AGS / DMS
- Customs administration's link: www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/connect/nl/douane_voor_bedrijven/
- Customer references: Chemours, Panasonic, Koninklijke Philips, Sabic, UTC Fire & Security, Tesla, DHL Supply Chain, ...
MIC is listed as Approved Software Vendor and EDI provider by Netherlands customs: https://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/connect/bldcontenten/standaard_functies/individuals/contact/contact_other_subjects/customs_development_of_electronic_declaration_software_1/overview_of_software_developers
And, MIC is an active member of the Dutch customs software providers ADS and has a close follow-up with this group on the so-called "douane-overleg-platform".