With the increasing flood of data, the need for powerful software solutions, backups and high security standards is growing every day. That is why companies are even more likely to outsource their IT activities to specialized service providers.
The rise of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) has significantly reshaped the enterprise software industry in recent years. And this trend is not going to change anytime soon. By looking at cloud solution forecasts of big consulting firms, research and advisory companies or leading global tech businesses, it becomes clear that cloud services and especially SaaS solutions will play an increasingly important role in the future.
It is notable that also the events of the past year have led companies to overcome any reluctance to move from on-premises to the cloud. This is also reflected in the fact that Gartner forecasts an increase in revenue of cloud services by 23,1%, growing up to $332 billion in 2021. By putting the focus on SaaS solutions, that represent the largest market segment, it is expected to reach $122 billion in 2021. And this trend will continue in the coming years (see figure below).
SaaS Business Benefits
Even though SaaS is not a new concept, more and more companies are deciding to switch to a SaaS solution for several reasons. The MIC SaaS application does not only include various benefits for businesses but also represents an important key driver for global organizations as it enables them to operate in a more efficient way.
The MIC SaaS solution acts as a single-point-of-contact for all services to our clients. The setup of MIC’s Customs & Trade Compliance software through a cloud-based software delivery model enables our customers faster roll-out times and quicker access to the MIC suite and customer data. This ensures our clients significant savings in cost & time.
From a customer perspective, MIC’s SaaS solution was designed to deliver a variety of benefits:
- Pay per use
- Scalability (computing power and storage)
- Guaranteed high availability
- Guaranteed response & resolution times
- Worldwide access through high-speed internet backbone and regional data centers (Asia, Europe, US)
- Backup & disaster recovery through geo-redundant infrastructure
- Infrastructure for electronic data exchange with national customs authority systems in many countries globally
- Automated regular global trade content feeds
- Frequent release upgrades incl. regulatory changes
- System & application monitoring 24/7/365
- Security protection through firewalls, encryption, and physical security of data center
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Single-Sign-On (SSO) Portal Integration
- Certified data centers according to international standards (e.g. ISO 27001, ISAE 3402 Type 2)
- Cost reductions through synergies in infrastructure & operation
This allows us to provide a professional high-quality SaaS solution which can be easily handled by our clients - by simply accessing the application via web browser from any location. Also, our customers do not have to worry about maintenance including legal changes either because that’s the responsibility of MIC.
Forecasts from market experts on the trend development of SaaS go in the same direction and one thing becomes clear: the future of SaaS is strong. Moving from on-premises to SaaS provides several business benefits and empowers companies to stay ahead of their competition!
MIC is the world leader in providing global customs and trade compliance software solutions. The MIC group currently employs 400+ professionals around the world. More than 700 international customers rely on MIC software products for their global customs and trade compliance management solutions.
For more information about MIC and how we could help your operations, please contact us via [email protected]mic-cust.com.