Export control can be difficult to manage due to complex and changing regulations. As a global technology company and supplier for automotive and industrial technology, compliance with these regulations must always be kept in mind. Therefore, commitment to trade compliance and effective risk management require the implementation of an appropriate software solution.
That is why ZF decided for the roll-out of MIC’s Export Control Management solution (MIC ECM) for the European Union and the US. The following modules are now live at a first plant of ZF:
- MIC's software module for the management of Export Control processes (MIC ECM) supports the central management of all export-relevant company transactions. This enables ZF the check of embargos as well as the check of end-use and/or end-user.
- In addition, the export control module includes MIC DPS which allows the technology company to automate denied party screening by screening against sanction lists considering “white lists” and internal “black lists.
- In combination with MIC’s Export Control Classification tool (MIC CCS ECC) the goods can be classified according to dual-use, military and embargo regulations.
- Automated upload of up-to-date export control content for the EU and the US (e.g. country lists, reasons for control, embargo regulations) as well as sanctions lists is ensured by the integration of MIC’s Global Trade Content Service (MIC GTCS).
- The project with the technology company also covered the seamless integration with ZF’s ERP systems (SAP). The interface integration includes the possibility of blocking suspicious transactions directly in ZFs ERP systems in real-time.
The implementation of MIC’s Customs & Trade Compliance software solution provides the mobility specialist ZF full transparency and therefore a comprehensive overview of all export control processes. It ensures effective risk management and optimized export control processes promoting responsible business actions globally.
MIC is pleased about the long-standing partnership with ZF and is looking forward to the joint implementation of further projects.
MIC is the world leader in providing global customs and trade compliance software solutions. The MIC group currently employs 400+ professionals around the world. More than 700 international customers rely on MIC software products for their global customs and trade compliance management solutions.
For more information about MIC and how we could help your operations, please contact us via [email protected]mic-cust.com