Global Trade and Supply Chain Management: The Global Imperative
A Report by AberdeenGroup - Sponsored by MIC
Aberdeen Group's survey of 137 global exporters and importers in September and October 2011 reveals that trade compliance teams are actively revamping and augmenting their Global Trade Management (GTM) and specifically their Global Trade Compliance (GTC) programs to stay current with supply and demand fluctuations, growing global operations, increasing operational complexity and risk, and trade lane changes.
Five Compelling Facts from the Research, Providing Actionable Benefits for Readers:
- Best-in-Class companies experienced an Average Trade Compliance Cost to value ratio of 10.23%
- Best-in-Class companies experienced a Perfect Order Rate Received of 93.07% on imports received from international suppliers
- Best-in-Class companies possessed a Perfect Order Rate Delivered of 93% exported to international suppliers/customers
- Best-in-Class companies decreased their Average Trade Compliance Cost to value ratio, year over year, by 1.15%
- Best-in-Class companies increased their Total Landed Cost per unit handled by .98% versus prior year
This report was sponsored by MIC.